This Spanish Language version of our famous planisphere is printed on heavy duty coated cardboard and is extraordinarily durable. We have had customers tell us they have been using their chart for over twenty years!
The constellation names remain in the standard Latin, but the rest of the text was carefully translated and reviewed by native speakers from different countries, the goal being “neutral Spanish” for use in all Spanish-speaking countries.
This version covers the north tropics based on 20° North latitude. The rear of the planisphere includes trim lines to allow adjustment for your precise local latitude. If you need assistance determining your latitude click here for a selector map.
The Night Sky is Designed to be Used!
- Unlike coffee-table planispheres, The Night Sky is printed with dark stars on a light background, for easy nighttime readability.
- The constellations are drawn simply, emphasizing the brighter stars which makes them easy to recognize and locate with the naked eye or entry level equipment.
- Coordinate grid lines are shown without being intrusive. Coordinates are shown because they can be useful for cross referencing with star atlases.
- A selection of deep sky objects for binocular viewing is included. It is important to point out to beginners that the best first telescope is a pair of binoculars. You may already have what it takes to start observing tonight!
- The Night Sky is larger than it looks! The map scale is larger than on similar-size planispheres because the whole sky does not have to be shown on a single map.